June 19-22, 2017
SAVE THE DATE!
The Iowa Pork Producers Association is looking for youth at least 16 years of age to participate in an all-inclusive Iowa pork industry tour. The tour will consist of visits to world leading commercial hog operations, Iowa State University, large scale harvesting and pork processing plants, and others. This tour will be full of fun activities along the way!
How to Apply — Applications and two letters of recommendation are due by April 17th. They can be mailed to IPPA at P.O. Box 71009, Clive, IA 50325 or e-mailed to Kelsey Byrnes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Youth ages 16 to recently graduated high school seniors not yet in college.
– Iowa resident
– Have a strong interest in the swine industry.
– Willing to grow, learn and be an agvocate for the swine industry.
– Must participate all four days.
– Must be approved by a selection process that will include evaluation of the written application and interviews.
– Deadline: Applications must be postmarked by April 17, 2017.
Each individual participating in the tour will be required to give an oral presentation on the last day summarizing their experience. This tour also will include media training and on-camera interviews. Students registering for this tour should be eager to learn and participate in public speaking and meat processing activities.
A $250 fee will be required for each participant upon acceptance to participate. Do not send fee with application. All other expenses, except transportation to and from event, will be assumed by the Iowa Pork Producers Association. Participants may want some money for personal spending. If you have problems with the fee, please contact your county pork producer association for a possible fee scholarship.
Your completed application form may be scanned and e-mailed to Kelsey Byrnes at email@example.com, faxed to the Iowa Pork Producers Association at (515) 225-0563, or mailed to IPPA at P.O. Box 71009, Clive, IA 50325.