June 17-20, 2018
SAVE THE DATE!
The Iowa Pork Producers Association is hosting the ultimate pork industry experience! Beginning and ending in central Iowa, the 4 day tour will consist of visits to commercial hog operations, Iowa State University, large scale harvesting and pork processing plants, and others. This tour will also include leadership training and several fun activities along the way!
*Participants will compete throughout the week to win a $500 scholarship!*
- Youth ages 16 to recently graduated high school seniors not yet in college.
- Iowa resident.
- Have a strong interest in the swine industry.
- Willing to grow, learn and be an agvocate for the swine industry.
- Must participate all four days.
- Must be approved by a selection process that will include evaluation of the written application, letter of recommendation and an essay.
- Deadline: Applications must be emailed firstname.lastname@example.org by April 18, 2018.
A $100 fee will be required for each participant upon acceptance to participate. Do not send fee with application. All other expenses, except transportation to and from event, will be assumed by the Iowa Pork Producers Association. Participants may want some money for personal spending. If you have problems with the fee, please contact your county pork producer association for a possible fee scholarship.
To apply, you will need to fill out the application form, send in a letter of recommendation and an essay (details on application form). Your complete application can be e-mailed to Kelsey Byrnes at email@example.com or mailed to IPPA at P.O. Box 71009, Clive, IA 50325 by April 18th.