The Iowa Girls High School Athletic Union (IGHSAU) named five Top Producer award winners at the end of the Iowa Girls State Basketball Tournament on March 4. The Top Producer award, sponsored by the Iowa Pork Producers Association (IPPA), recognizes players who were leaders as well as team players on the court.
“In this partnership to recognize players, IGHSAU and IPPA recognize our shared values,” says Trish Cook, IPPA president. “We value working together as a team, focusing on getting better every day, and bringing positive contributions to our communities.”
The Top Producers selected by IGHSAU are:
- Audi Crooks, a senior at 1A Champion Bishop Garrigan Golden Bears of Algona
- Jadyn Petersen, a junior for the 2A Champion Dike-New Hartford Wolverines
- Willow Bleeker, a senior for the 3A champions Sioux Center Warriors
- Emma Miner, a senior for 4A Champions Dallas Center -Grimes Mustangs
- Jessie Clemons, a junior for the 5A and unbeaten Pleasant Valley Spartans of Bettendorf.
Each of the Top Producers is a member of the all-tournament teams for their classes.
“The Top Producer award has been a great addition to our tournament!” said Taylor Anderson, the IGHSAU assistant director for sponsorships and branding. “I have had several great comments about the award.”
Editor’s note: Photos of Top Producer awards are available by request. We have both action photos of each winner with her award.