Hawaiian Meatball Kabobs
Servings: 6 kabobs (with 4 meatballs each)
- 1 lb ground pork
- ½ c bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ c finely chopped pineapple
- ¾ c barbeque sauce, divided
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- Soak 6 wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine ground pork, bread crumbs, egg, pineapple, ¼ c barbeque sauce, black pepper and onion powder in a large bowl.
- Scoop and roll into balls, about 1” in diameter and carefully thread 4 meatballs onto each skewer.
- Place the kabobs on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then brush with the remaining barbeque sauce. Flip the kabobs and brush the other side, too.
- Bake an additional 8-10 minutes, or until the center of the meatballs are at least 160°F.