- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/3 c plain or Italian bread crumbs
- 1/3 c grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 – 8 oz can pizza sauce, divided
- ¼ c milk
- 1 egg
- 1 – 8 oz block mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9×5” loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, add the Italian sausage, ground pork, bread crumbs, parmesan, seasonings, ½ c pizza sauce, milk, egg and ¾ of the mozzarella cheese (cubed).
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Spread the remaining pizza sauce over the meatloaf and shred the remaining cheese over that. Bake an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melty and the meatloaf is at least 160°F.