IPSC Actively Supports Youth in These Ways:
- Iowa Foundation for Agricultural Advancement Scholarships
- Clay County Fair Premiums: $100 per breed
- Iowa State Fair Shows/Sales
- Iowa State Fair FFA Premier Swine Exhibitor Sponsor
- Team Purebred Sponsor
- National Junior Swine Association Sponsor
- Iowa State Fair All Breeds Picnic Host
- Iowa Swine Jackpot Series
- Iowa State University Judging Teams
IPSC Supports Exhibitors at the Iowa State Fair
The Iowa Purebred Swine Council provides more than $60,000 in premiums to youth swine exhibitors. The IPSC provides additional premiums to 4-H and FFA swine exhibitors to encourage youth to show purebreds at the Iowa State Fair. The award money, which is funded through the Pork Checkoff program and the IPSC’s Verified Iowa Purebred program, is in addition to the premiums provided by the Iowa State Fair and is distributed in both the Market Hog and Derby Shows.
IPSC Supports Iowa Foundation for Agricultural Advancement
Every year, the Iowa Purebred Swine Council supports the Iowa Foundation for Agricultural Advancement (IFAA) by funding two $1,500 scholarships, awarded to outstanding youth involved in the swine industry. IFAA is a nonprofit organization comprised of livestock enthusiasts dedicated to encouraging 4-H and FFA members to pursue ag-related careers. IFAA is responsible for the annual Iowa State Fair Sale of Champions and scholarship program.
Congratulations to our 2021 scholarship winners!
Premier FFA Swine Exhibitor Scholarships
The Iowa Purebred Swine Council sponsored five scholarships from this event. This program is designed to recognize FFA swine project members who can articulate their understanding about the future of the animal industry and their knowledge about animal production. This event is for FFA exhibitors who have completed their junior or senior year in high school.
What is involved?
A composite score is computed from the following five elements:
1. Showmanship (15%)
2. Best show ring ribbon earned (10%)
3. A seven-minute interview (25%)
4. 30-minute exam covering questions on production (25%)
5. 30-minute Skill-a-thon (25%)