On Tuesday, May 24, 2022, we’re giving away uncooked PORK LOINS. Details below.
It’s our way of saying “Thank You” for supporting Iowa pig farmers and employees at pork processing facilities the past two years, as they’ve worked through several adjustments caused by COVID-19 on pork supply chains.
At an early afternoon event organized by the Iowa Pork Producers Association and Tyson Foods, pig farmer Connor Juergensen, of Churdan, will say thank you to the Perry community for the support shown to those who bring food from farm to table.
Also as part of the “Thank You” celebration, Iowa pig farmers will:
- Donate pork to the Perry Emergency Food Pantry for its continued work to alleviate hunger.
- Provide pork coupons at local grocery stores for consumers to use.
- Deliver pork thank-you baskets to local first responders.
What: Telling Perry ‘Thank You’
When: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, at 1:30 p.m.
Where: Hotel Pattee, 1112 Willis Ave., Perry, IA 50220 (Enter main doors, then turn right into the Spring Valley Ballroom.)
- Perry Mayor John Andorf
- Churdan farmer Connor Juergensen
- Iowa Sectretary of Agriculture Mike Naig
- Matt McDevitt, Raccoon Valley Bank
- Dan Richardson and Seth Fevold, Tyson
- Lou Hoger, Perry Emergency Food Pantry
During the 1:30 p.m. event, pork products will be given to first responders, and pork coupons and recipes will be distributed to Perry-area grocers so they can share those with their customers.
What: Pork Loins to be Given Away
For: All residents in the Perry area
When: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, beginning at 4 p.m., 4- to 5-pound frozen pork loins will be handed out to area residents. This continues through 6 p.m., or until the supply runs out. Pork is provided by the Iowa Pork Producers Association and Tyson Foods. One pound of pork is four servings of protein.
Where: Pattee Park parking lot, West Third Street and Park Road, Perry
Who: Iowa pig farmers and community volunteers will help distribute the loins.