If you wish to enter the contest, please send the following information to IPPA by Dec. 1, 2019.
1. Participation Form – Please complete the participation form with your intention of competing in the contest.
2. Biography – Please type a biography answering the following questions in about 500 to 700 words:
– Major in college/ what you intend to major in/ what field of work you are in
– Future plans
– Describe your involvement in the pork industry
– Describe your leadership experience (local and state)
– Describe other activities (school, organizations, community, etc.)
– Describe any jobs that you’ve held
– Explain why you think the Pork Checkoff is important
3. Contestant Photo – IPPA needs a “high resolution” photo of the candidate. The photo will be used at the contest and will be printed in the Iowa Pork Producer magazine.
Please e-mail your participation form, biography and photo to Kelsey Byrnes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you will take advantage of this exciting opportunity. it’s a great way to gain valuable interview and public speaking experience, make friends and connections in the pork industry, educate the public about pork production and build your resume!