If you wish to enter the contest, please send the following information to IPPA between Oct. 1, 2021, and Nov. 30, 2021.
1. Participation Form – Complete the participation form with your intention of competing in the contest.
2. Biography – Type a biography answering the following questions in about 500 to 700 words:
– Major in college/ what you intend to major in/ what field of work you are in
– Future plans
– Describe your involvement in the pork industry
– Describe your leadership experience (local and state)
– Describe other activities (school, organizations, community, etc.)
– Describe any jobs that you’ve held
– Explain why you think the Pork Checkoff is important
3. Contestant Photo – IPPA needs a “high resolution” photo of the candidate. The photo will be used at the contest and will be printed in the Iowa Pork Producer magazine.
We hope you will take advantage of this exciting opportunity. it’s a great way to gain valuable interview and public speaking experience, make friends and connections in the pork industry, educate the public about pork production and build your resume!