Bacon Cheese Log
Servings: 12 people
- 1 c cooked and crumbled bacon
- ½ c dried cranberries and/or cherries
- ½ c chopped pecans
- ¼ c fresh parsley, chopped
- One 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Honey and crackers, for serving
- In a small bowl, combine the bacon, dried fruit, pecans and parsley; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and onion powder. Then stir in half of the bacon mixture (save the rest for later).
- Lay a sheet of plastic wrap on the counter and dump the cheese mixture over the wrap. Roll into a log, tighten the ends and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Dump the remaining bacon mixture onto a plate.
- Unwrap the cheese log and roll it in the bacon mixture, pressing it in to stick.
- Place the Bacon Cheese Log on a serving platter, drizzle with honey and serve with crackers.