Youth for the Quality Care of Animals
The Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA) curriculum not only sets the standard for swine exhibitors, but for all livestock exhibitors. YQCA is a multi-species, science-based educational experience that offers access to every youth swine exhibitor ages 8 to 21, nationally. The National Pork Board supports the YQCA program and has made efforts to make this the youth certification program of choice.
The goals of YQCA:
- Ensure safety and well-being of animals produced by youth for showing and for 4-H and FFA projects.
- Ensure a safe food supply to consumers.
- Enhance the future of livestock industry by educating youth on these very important issues, so they can become more informed producers, consumers and/or employees in the agriculture and food industry.
- Maximize the limited development time and budgets of state and national youth program leaders to provide an effective quality assurance program.
- Offer livestock shows a valid, national quality assurance certification for youth livestock exhibitors.