Biscuits and Gravy Casserole
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1/3 c flour
- 3 ½ c milk
- 4 oz cream cheese, cubed
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 – 16.3 oz tube refrigerated biscuits
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- In a saucepan, brown the sausage and chopped bacon until fully cooked.
- Turn the burner to low and sprinkle the flour over the meat; stir.
- Slowly stir in the milk and bring the heat to medium, continuing to stir for 3-5 minutes (or until the mixture bubbles and thickens.
- Stir in the cream cheese, black pepper and red pepper flakes until fully incorporated.
- Pour into a greased 9×13” baking dish and arrange the biscuits over the top.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown and baked through
- Brush the melted butter over the tops of the biscuits. Serve warm.