Buttered Garlic Herb Porterhouse Chops
- 4 thick cut “Iowa” Porterhouse Pork Chops (1 ¼” thickness)
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Preheat grill to high heat.
In a small mixing bowl combine minced garlic and salt, smash together until a paste is formed. Add melted butter, parsley, thyme, rosemary and red pepper flakes. Mix well. Set aside.
When grill temperature reaches 450-500 degrees, sear pork chops for 2 minutes on each side. Once seared, reduce heat to medium high. Brush garlic herb butter mixture onto pork chops, flipping one additional time to coat both sides. Continue to grill for 10-15 minutes until chops register 145 degrees F in the thickest part when tested with a digital instant read thermometer. Pour any remaining garlic herb butter into a glass dish, place cooked pork chops on top to rest for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.