See who won the 2023 contest!
What is Taste?
Taste (formerly Taste of Elegance) is a professional chef competition hosted by the Iowa Pork Producers Association (IPPA) to celebrate pork and highlight Iowa’s best pork chef in Iowa fine dining. Pig farmers work hard to produce safe, wholesome, and affordable pork for all consumers to enjoy, and we know that chefs work equally hard to create superior entrées that keep their customers coming back. It takes both industries working together to better serve consumers, and we want to celebrate with Iowa’s top chefs!
- The 36th-annual Iowa Taste competition is planned for Jan. 23, 2023, at the Iowa Events Center in downtown Des Moines, Iowa
- Chef Par Excellence wins a $1,000 cash prize
- Plaque and monetary awards for top three Chefs, People’s Choice, and Media’s Choice
- Evening reception to celebrate the dishes, present awards and select People’s Choice and Media’s Choice
- Reception includes Iowa dignitaries, pork industry professionals, pork-loving consumers, and media
- IPPA will gladly accommodate a one-night, one-room stay at the Hilton Downtown Des Moines
- Limit of 12 Iowa chefs for the competition
- Name pork cut for 2023: Pork Blade Steak
- Commitment forms due back to IPPA by Dec. 15, 2022
- Recipes, biographies, and headshots due to IPPA by Jan. 6, 2023