Garlic Bacon Cream Smothered Pork Chops
- 6 strips bacon, chopped to ½-inch pieces
- 4 – 8 oz. center cut pork loin chops
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 8 oz package fresh mushrooms, sliced to ¼” thickness
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 TBSP fresh basil, julienned
- (or 1 tsp dried basil leaves, crushed)
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves stripped, chopped (or 1 tsp dried thyme leaves)
- 3 TBSP butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP sundried tomatoes, chopped, drained
- 3 TBSP all purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until fat is rendered and bacon is cooked. Remove bacon to paper towel lined plate. Reserve bacon drippings in the skillet.
Season pork chops with seasoned salt and pepper. Increase heat to medium high and sear pork chops for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove pork chops to a plate and set aside. To skillet, add sliced mushrooms and garlic. Add butter. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring frequently until mushrooms and garlic are tender. Add sundried tomatoes, stir well. Sprinkle with fresh herbs. Cook on medium heat for about 8-10 minutes, stirring, until mushrooms soften and release juices. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of flour all over the mushrooms, and stir the flour in on medium heat until absorbed.
Add chicken broth and raise the heat to medium high or high to bring mixture to a boil, constantly stirring. Reduce heat to medium and gently simmer for 1-2 minutes until mixture thickens slightly. Reduce heat to low. Add heavy cream. Stir well.
Return pork chops and bacon to skillet. Cook on low heat, covered, until the pork chops are cooked through to 145F on a digital instant read thermometer.
Garnish with additional fresh herbs, serve warm.