Ham & Cheese Puff Pastry
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- ¾ lb ham slices
- ½ lb swiss cheese
- 1 ½ TBSP mustard (traditional, Dijon, or honey mustard)
- 1 egg
- 1 TBSP water
- ¾ tsp coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400’F.
- Roll one puff pastry out an even 12×12” square.
- Arrange ham slices leaving a 1” border around the edge of the pastry.
- Arrange the swiss slices on top of the ham.
- Spread the mustard evenly over the cheese.
- Place remaining puff pastry on top.
- Crimp edges to seal.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg and water and beat until smooth.
- Brush on top of the pastry evenly and cut vent holes in the pastry.
- Bake at 400’F for 25-28 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and puffed.
- Serve warm.
*Serves 9 as a main dish (cut into squares) or 18 as an appetizer (cut into triangles)