Korean BBQ Ribs
Servings: About 4 (Depends on size of rack of ribs)
- 3-4 pounds pork ribs
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons gochujang (Korean red chili paste)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Rice and green onions, optional, for serving
- Remove the membrane from the ribs and season both sides of the ribs with salt and pepper.
- Place the ribs on the grill over indirect heat (you’ll want it to stay around 250 F).
- Let the ribs cook for 1 hour (meaty side of the ribs touching the grill grates).
- Make the glaze by combining the brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, gochujang, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes.
- Flip the ribs and brush with the glaze.
- Continue cooking the ribs for at least 1 hour more, or until tender, brushing with the glaze several times.
- Remove from the grill and let rest for 3-5 minutes.
- Cut the ribs between the bones and serve as-is or over white rice, sprinkled with sliced green onions.