Pork Chop and Mushroom Wild Rice Casserole
- 1 – 6 or 7 oz Long Grain and Wild Rice Box Mix (dry mix plus seasoning packet)
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can condensed cream of celery soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 4 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 4 – 8 oz. boneless center cut pork loin chops
- ½ tsp seasoned salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Preheat oven to 350 F.
In a medium mixing bowl add dry rice plus seasoning packet, cream of mushroom soup and cream of celery soup. Whisk until combined.
Pour rice mixture into a greased 9×13 glass baking dish. Cover dish tightly with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 F for 60 minutes.
At 60 minutes, remove baking dish from oven, uncover. Stir ½ of the chopped scallions and of the minced parsley into rice mixture, reserving remaining scallions and parsley for garnish.
Place pork chops over rice mixture in the pan. Sprinkle on seasoned salt and ground pepper. Top with cheese.
Return to oven, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and golden and pork chops register 145 degrees F on an instant read thermometer. (*pork cooking times will vary based on temperature of chops going into the casserole, oven temperature, etc.) Remove casserole from oven and sprinkle chopped scallions and minced parsley over top. Serve warm.