Servings: 6 (1/4 lb pork nuggets each)
- One pork loin (1 ½ – 2 lbs)
- One 7-ounce box Cheezits (baked snack crackers)
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup water
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Cut the pork into bite-sized pieces.
- Pour the crackers into a food processor and pulse until they’re in fine crumbs; set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and water; set aside.
- Grab a piece of pork, dunk in the egg mixture and then coat in the cracker crumbs; repeat until all pork pieces have been coated.
- Use one of the following methods to cook the pork nuggets.
Fry: Pour vegetable oil into a pan until it’s at least 1 ½ inches deep. Heat the oil to 350F and then fry several pork nuggets at a time for about 3 minutes or until the internal temperature of the pork is 145 F. Remove the pork nuggets to a paper towel lined plate and repeat until all nuggets are cooked.
Air Fry*: Place the nuggets in an even layer in the air fryer, making sure to give some space between the nuggets. Air fry at 375 F for about 6 minutes or until the internal temperature of the pork is 145 F. Remove the pork nuggets and repeat until all nuggets are cooked.
*Air fryers vary greatly, so you might have to adjust the time and temperature depending on the brand you have.
Bake: Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the pork nuggets on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the largest pork nuggets are 145 F.
- Serve pork nuggets warm with dipping sauce of choice.