Twice Baked Ham & Bacon Potato Poppers
- 18 golf ball sized yellow baby potatoes
- 2 TBSP butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound thick sliced deli ham, approx. 3-4 large slices, chopped to 1/4″ square pieces
- 6 green onions, chopped, green and light green parts only, divided
- 1 1/2 cup colby jack shredded cheese (bonus points if you buy a block and grate your own)
- 1/2 lb. thick cut bacon, cooked, crumbled
Cut potatoes in half widthwise.
Cut rounded bottoms off of potatoes so they are flat and sit on a sheet pan evenly. Brush all potato halves with butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
Remove from oven, let cool until warm. With a melon scoop, core out the center of the potato, leaving a sturdy portion at the bottom to support the filling that will be placed into the potato later.
Combine all cored out pieces of potato into a mixing bowl. Add butter, sour cream, milk, seasoned salt and ground black pepper. Mash together. Add ham and half of the green onions.
Scoop a heaping portion of the mixture into each potato vessel. Top with colby jack cheese and bacon crumbles. Bake at 350F for 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
Garnish with remaining chopped green onion tops. Serve warm.