Cranberry Stuffed Pork Loin
- ¾ c peeled and diced apples
- ½ c panko breadcrumbs
- ½ c dried cranberries
- ½ c chicken broth
- ¼ c finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp rosemary
- ½ tsp ground thyme
- ¼ tsp ground sage
- One 3-4 lb pork loin
- Cranberry sauce, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the apples, breadcrumbs, cranberries, broth, onion, butter and spices; set aside.
- Place the pork loin on a cutting board.
- Cut a slit (about ½” deep) down the long end of the pork loin, being sure not to cut all the way through. Open the loin up, then cut another slit in the opposite direction to “unfold” the pork loin. (See video for a visual)
- Place a piece of waxed paper or plastic wrap over the loin and pound with a meat mallet until the loin is about ½” thick; season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the cranberry stuffing mixture over the flattened loin.
- Roll up the pork loin, season with salt and pepper and secure with cooking twine about every 1-2 inches.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until the center of the stuffed pork loin reaches 145°F.
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes, then remove twine, cut into slices and serve with warm cranberry sauce, if desired.